Thursday, September 26, 2013

So, yeah, Thursday could be the final time that Robinson Cano ever plays in pinstripes at Yankee Stadium. According to a report by ESPN's Buster Onley, free-agent to-be Robinson Cano is seeking a monster contract this offseason worth 10-years, $305 million -- good luck with that.

Before the Yankees played yet another merciful game against the Tampa Bay Rays Wednesday night in the Bronx, officially elimination them from postseason contention, and making these final four games mean absolutely nothing, Cano hinted at the fact that Thursday's home-finale could be Cano's last home game in the Bronx.

"Well, yeah," said Cano, who will become a free-agent this winter when his contract with the Bombers expires. " Who knows what's going to happen? But I always play this game like it's the last day. This year, I enjoyed being here and I'm going to enjoy the last day, being here with these guys.

"Nobody said I'm leaving, nobody said I'm staying. I haven't decided anything yet. Let's see what happens after the World Series."

But Cano did go on to add, "Don't get me wrong, I love this team."

In what could be his final season in the Bronx, Cano is certainly putting up the numbers worth getting a contract in the $300M range, but still, that's a lot of money. That's not even mentioning that he's aalso looking for a 10-year deal, something the Yankees might never want to go through again after having to deal with the whole A-Rod fiasco.

Cano won't officially become a free-agent until after the World Series, so until then, we won;t know what he's planning on doing this winter.

Question: What would you give Cano? Comment below, or tweet me @GavinEwbank2013 on Twitter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment